Centre Immigration and Integration is a non-profit organization in public benefit, registered with a donation by its founders. CII pursues the achievement of the following objectives:
- development and introduction of complex, innovative and interdisciplinary educational, scientific and cultural programmes, related with the advancement of the civil society in Bulgaria and increased civic participation in the policy-making process;
- study and assistance of the social integration and personal realization of young people and persons in vulnerable socio-economic condition, including ethnic minorities, refugees and migrants;
- development and implementation of contemporary forms and approaches for protection of the human rights of refugees and migrants, fight against racism and xenophobia, development of intercultural dialogue and integration;
- study of the polices related to the cross-border migration of persons and provision of asylum; development of concepts, strategies and models for their updating and upgrading in line with the world processes and the membership of Bulgaria in the EU;
- organization and coordination of cooperation initiatives between European organizations in the context of the common EU policy for asylum seekers and migrants;
- methodological, technical and expert exchange of knowledge and information.